Topic: Cryopreservation of human gametes and embryos.
Academic Education and Certification
I graduated in 2001 with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from the University of Essex, UK. I continued to postgraduate studies at the University of Nottingham, UK and granted the Master of Medical Sciences in Assisted Reproduction Technologies. Following my postgraduate studies, I was initially trained on the practice of laboratory protocols on assisted reproduction in the Thessaloniki IVF and Fertility Center and continued my training on the gamete micromanipulation – ICSI and vitrification at the Embryokosmogenesis IVF Unit. I am currently a fully trained Senior Clinical Embryologist certified by the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.
• Senior Clinical Embryologist Certification by ESHRE, 2019
• Initiation of PhD diploma, Democritus University of Thrace, 2015
• Clinical Embryologist Certification by ESHRE, 2013
• Master of Medical Sciences in Assisted Reproduction Technology, University of Nottingham, UK, 2006
• Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, University of Essex, UK, 2001
Work experience and Training
• Senior Clinical Embryologist – FIVI Fertility and IVF Center, Interbalkan Medical Center, 2020-today
• Deputy Lab Manager – Senior Clinical Embryologist, “Biogenesis” Unit of Assisted Reproduction and IVF, Thessaloniki, 2016-2020
• Lab Manager – Clinical Embryologist, “Embryokosmogenesis” Assisted Reproduction Unit of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, 2012-2016
• Clinical Embryologist, “Embryokosmogenesis” Assisted Reproduction Unit of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, 2009-2012
• Trainee Clinical Embryologist – Thessaloniki IVF and Fertility Center, 2008-2009
• Biochemist at “Cryogenomics SA” Advanced Biotechnology Services – Cord Blood Bank, 2007-2008
• Biochemist at the Laboratory for the Control of Immunosuppressed Patients, General Hospital of Athens “G.Gennimatas”, 2001-2005
My responsibilities as a clinical embryologist include the performance of assisted reproduction techniques such as in vitro fertilization, intracytoplasmic sperm injection, evaluation of oocytes and embryos, cryopreservation – vitrification, semen analysis and preparation. As well as, keeping records, analysis, and evaluation of laboratory results, updating the laboratory protocols according to international standards and legislation. I am also involved in the quality assurance and quality control of laboratory procedures as described in ISO 9001 and ISO 15224.
I have participated in the postgraduate course, Master’s Degree Program “Human Reproduction”, Faculty of Medicine, Democritus University of Thrace, 2014, 2015.
Lecture presentation with topic “Transport of spermatozoa, capacitation and acrosomal reaction-transport of oocyte, fertilization, implantation, early stages of embryo development”
Practical laboratory sessions demonstrator “Basic Semen analysis and sperm morphology, Gamete micromanipulation – ICSI, Gamete and embryo cryopreservation and vitrification”
Member of Scientific Societies
Member of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
Member of Panhellenic Union of Clinical Embryologist